NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

Another addition to the PAC-10 Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Sat Feb 27 2010, 19:42

I just received my game worn Brandon Mebane, Cal-Berkeley Golden Bears jersey!

Anyone who is unaware, Mebane is a linebacker for the Seattle Seahawks.

bounce
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Sun Feb 28 2010, 23:07

It's a great looking jersey mate.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Mon Mar 01 2010, 22:05

Thank you, Billsfan.

I had no internet over the weekend with the bad snow storm we had, so I didn't get to leave feedback to the seller until today, but I highly recommend him, as he does seem to sell a lot of Cal game worn jerseys. I'm not too sure if he does other authentic or game worn team jerseys though. At any rate, his eBay user id is: chgojhawk Very pleasant transaction I had with him.

I love the jersey and the player, too. I added that to my Seahawks collection, lol.
Back to top Go down
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Tue Mar 02 2010, 21:19

very nice jersey there
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Wed Mar 03 2010, 01:17

danevaliant wrote:
very nice jersey there
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Wed Mar 03 2010, 21:26

Hey CatsFan, what other Pac-10 jerseys do you own?
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Wed Mar 03 2010, 21:52

I have an older style Oregon Ducks, that Cal Bears jersey, and a white Cal Bears jersey with the name Livingston on the back. here are pics of all the NCAA jerseys I own in the game worn forum, if you would like to see pics.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Wed Mar 03 2010, 21:54

Back to top Go down
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Wed Mar 03 2010, 23:02

Y'know I always feel bad for hardcore Oregon fans since jerseys are so expensive and they practically have a new one every single game.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Wed Mar 03 2010, 23:45

DaaaBears wrote:
Y'know I always feel bad for hardcore Oregon fans since jerseys are so expensive and they practically have a new one every single game.
Yeah, that has got to get expensive. The reason behind Oregon's frequent uniform changes, is because the CEO of Nike is a graduate of the U of O. As for the uniforms...Don't quote me on it, because I don't have the article in front of me at the moment, but the unis are donated to the University by Nike, per the CEO who is a graduate of Oregon.
Back to top Go down
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Thu Mar 04 2010, 02:18

CatsFan wrote:
DaaaBears wrote:
Yeah, that has got to get expensive. The reason behind Oregon's frequent uniform changes, is because the CEO of Nike is a graduate of the U of O. As for the uniforms...Don't quote me on it, because I don't have the article in front of me at the moment, but the unis are donated to the University by Nike, per the CEO who is a graduate of Oregon.

Yeah I knew that the CEO of Nike is from Oregon, I just think it's funny that they use the university to experiment with every new jersey design hahaha (they even have like 5 different helmets and whatnot). I love how on some websites you can track what uni combo they wear every game. I didn't really like the one they had for the Rose Bowl for some reason (white helmet, green jersey, solid white pants).
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Thu Mar 04 2010, 02:48

Eeewww...That sounds like it clashes, lol.

I guess for free unis though, they're not going to complain...Kinda like looking a gift horse in the mouth. But doesn't the school take some kind of part in the design somewhere? I thought I read that too...otherwise I just made it up, lol.

I generally don't like away white jerseys. They're used by every team, and I have too many white ones in the game worn jerseys, lol.

I liked their steel colored, black colored, and yellow uniforms. But only when they did the solid color all the way.
Back to top Go down
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Thu Mar 04 2010, 03:56

It really depends for me. White jerseys on some teams look awesome, but the all white combo that Oregon wore in their opener against Boise State was too plain by their standards. I understand schools like Penn State have really plain uni combos because of their tradition, but by Oregon standards the jerseys they used had no personality to them.

For my teams, the white jerseys look really good. The Chicago Bears' white jersey/white pants combo really gives it that throwback look. As for Illinois, the white jerseys complement the white and blue pants very well because of that orange strip that runs from the hip down. I really like the new unis that came out after Zook took over the program. My only complaint is the orange pants, which is just solid orange and doesn't look that great with any of their jerseys. The other one I didn't like is the all blue combo they used last season against Michigan State.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Thu Mar 04 2010, 04:42

Yeah, I forgot to add that little part in where, for some teams, white is a classic look...Bears, Penn State, Illinois, and some other teams though not many. It depends too, though.
Back to top Go down
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Thu Mar 04 2010, 06:07

PSU is definitely a classic, Illinois not so much. Although I really like the new unis, we don't seem like the type of school with that much tradition behind the unis. When I think tradition in college uniforms, schools like Michigan, PSU, and Notre Dame (Michigan esp. in the helmet department).

As far as pro teams, it's always been the ones with the simplest designs. The Bears have pretty much had the same jersey design for decades. Then there's some teams like the Raiders that don't really have any kinda design on their uniforms at all. Although modern jerseys look great on some teams, I'm glad that the Bears have stuck to their traditional look.
Back to top Go down
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   Thu Mar 04 2010, 17:36

Yeah I do like the Bears jerseys - they've kept that classic look going.

I got into American Football in the 90's, reading books from the 80's that I got cheap. Back then, almost all the teams had massive stripes on the sleeves and they looked great. Gradually over time, teams seem to have shrunk them down. The Chiefs and Dolphins now use them as their cuff pattern, the Packers have shrunk theirs to about 2 inches wide. But the Bears, along with the Browns and Steelers have kept their big 70's + 80's stripes going strong.

One white jersey that I prefer over a the team's coloured jersey is the Colts. I reckon the white with blue looks much classier than the blue with white.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another addition to the PAC-10 Family   

Back to top Go down

Another addition to the PAC-10 Family
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1