NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Share | 

Live chat event on Tuesday.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Live chat event on Tuesday.   Sun Oct 24 2010, 12:05

Please don't forget that on Tuesday Darryl, from collectors proof, will be joining us in the chat box to answer your questions. Darryl is head of business development at collectors proof and has inside knowledge of the new NFL merchandising deal with Nike and New Era cap. He's also worked for US network tv covering NFL games.

Make sure you join us for a chat at 8pm UK / 3pm US

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
AllAmericanSports

PostSubject: Re: Live chat event on Tuesday.   Tue Oct 26 2010, 16:43

Cant make it sorry mate... tried to re-schedule but no can do. Matt
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: Live chat event on Tuesday.   Tue Oct 26 2010, 17:28

Sorry, iam away on a short break and only have access via BB.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Live chat event on Tuesday.   Tue Oct 26 2010, 21:04

Here's the transcript of our live chat.

[20:01:54] @ Billsfan : I want to thank you for taking the time to come on and do this.

[20:03:02] darryl : My pleasure Simon. I look forward to speaking and getting to know many of the NFLJFP.

[20:03:56] @ Billsfan : So, my first question is, where did the idea for collectors proof come from?

[20:05:37] darryl : It came from myself and my partner being collectors. I have a collected sports memorabilia for over 20 years and just saw the fraud literally put a black-eye on a passion so many people have.

[20:07:40] @ Billsfan : It's such a great idea, what sort of a collection do you have currently?

[20:12:03] darryl : I have a collaboration of football, baseball and hockey memorabilia mostly autographs. All of my items I have obtained in person so I know they are authentic. The problem with the way counterfeiting has dampened the industry is that if I ever wanted to sell any of it I have no "authentication" for it except my word which should be enough. Unfortunately, the public looks for the certificates of authenticity on items to give them comfort in their buying. We invented Collectors Proof to give collectors an opportunity to put their good names and reputations to use by Self-Authenticating their collections. What better authenticity should there be than a person's word.

[20:15:14] @ Billsfan : I agree. It's such a nightmare trying to work out what is real and what is forged.

[20:15:55] @ Billsfan : So how is collectors proof currently growing?

[20:19:05] darryl : That is what is great about what we are both doing. Giving legitimate honest collectors an avenue to get togther and protect their passion

[20:21:03] @ Billsfan : You guys have been in on the new NFL licencing deal with Nike and New Era cap, do you see Nike making a difference to the counterfeit jersey problem?

[20:21:36] darryl : We are growing very well. We have collectors registering their collections as well as two sports memorabilia dealers, a movie memorabilia dealer, a local winery and a local art gallery registering their items. The dealers see Collectors Proof as a way of what we just spoke about and also a way to connect with their customers. it is very exciting.

[20:23:45] darryl : I would honestly have to say that is up to Nike. We all know that the NFL is very upset about all the counterfeiting that goes on.

[20:25:08] @ Billsfan : The counterfeiting of NFL jerseys is very well ingrained in the far east, do you think that the apparel companies do enough to combat the problem?

[20:27:43] darryl : I believe that they are working on the problem but they also see it as very difficult to combat. The more we investigate the problem and speak with people the more we learn. As I said earlier, the NFL is very upset about the problem.

[20:31:51] @ Billsfan : Having had recent dealings with the NFL brand protection manager, I'm not convinced that they are doing enough. We have a monopolies commission here in the UK which doesn't allow single companies to corner a market. I believe the current situation with Reebok proves that point. The problem didn't exist when Wilson, Champion, Puma etc were contracted by the teams themselves.

[20:34:54] darryl : The contract with Reebok runs out after next year which was an exclusivity. There are about 7 companies that will have a license so hopefully it will be a team effort to help solve the problem.

[20:35:58] @ Billsfan : Have you been able to get a meeting with the NFL themselves?

[20:37:41] darryl : We haven't pursued that yet.

[20:39:31] @ Billsfan : You mentioned previously that you have worked for Network TV covering NFL games, how did you get into that?

[20:42:17] darryl : Each home team supplies a group of about 8 people to do jobs for the network and visiting teams like work the production truck and spot for both the network and radio stations. A friend of mine has been doing it for awhile and asked me if I would be interested in being a fill in. Of course I said yes and have bee working 2 or 3 Bills games a year doing a variety of things. It is alot of fun watching and being involved with a live broadcast.

[20:43:47] @ Billsfan : I bet it can be quite chaotic?

[20:45:05] darryl : When the game first starts yes but everyone gets into a groove and it goes by fast. How did you find out about Collectors Proof. We appreciate the visibility you are giving us on your site.

[20:48:43] @ Billsfan : Well it was you guys contacting me. John sent me an email and asked for an online meeting. He explained Collectors Proof to me and I thought it was the best thing to happen to collecting. I've built up my collection over the last few years and probably have one of the largest jersey collections in the UK. I've always been sceptical about COA's and some of my gamers are worth a pretty penny. Your idea is just the thing for me to be able to give my items the security I want for them.

[20:50:34] darryl : That's the idea! Collectors Proof gives everyone a chance to enhance, preserve and insure their collections.

[20:51:46] @ Billsfan : I appreciate your interest in what I am trying to do here. It's been a slog. Counterfeiting is seen as an acceptable crime and I've had some pretty heated discussions on other forums regarding the issue. I'm quite proud of what I've achieved here.

[20:51:46] @ Billsfan : I appreciate your interest in what I am trying to do here. It's been a slog. Counterfeiting is seen as an acceptable crime and I've had some pretty heated discussions on other forums regarding the issue. I'm quite proud of what I've achieved here.

[20:52:54] darryl : So are we! We are behind your efforts and any way we can help you know we will. Ii would love to join you in future forums.

[20:53:46] darryl : I need to be signing off. this was a great first run. Let's get together and schedule another one!

[20:54:28] @ Billsfan : Thanks Darryl. Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
markg

PostSubject: Re: Live chat event on Tuesday.   Tue Nov 02 2010, 17:31

aw crap i missed this Mad

PostSubject: Re: Live chat event on Tuesday.   

Back to top Go down

Live chat event on Tuesday.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1