The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

"On Field" vs "Authentic" & more....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay1982
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: "On Field" vs "Authentic" & more....   Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:02 pm

What is the difference when the manufacturer's retail sale tag says "On Field" or "Authentic". I always thought the "Authentic" was the $285.00 jersey and the "On Field" was the less expensive jersey that was like $175.00 that most people called replicas. I see on ebay that people claimd the jersey is Authentic but the retail tag says "On field". When I purchased my Authentic from the Steelers website, the tag said "Authentic". What is the differance?

Also I see for sale at the team shops: Authentic, Premier & Replica. What is the difference between Premier and Replica?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "On Field" vs "Authentic" & more....   Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Replica jerseys are all screen printed and are the cheapest, the premier has a single layer twill number which has any other layers printed on. This is the middle ground jersey.

There is no difference between 'on field' and 'authentic'. It's a marketing thing by reebok. They changed the tags from authentic to on field.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
grivkin2
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: "On Field" vs "Authentic" & more....   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:47 am

I was looking at a Greg Jennings Authentic jersey on NFLShop.com today, and comparing it to the Clay Matthews premier jersey I am waiting on. The Authentic jersey's tag is blue, grey, and white and says "AUTHENTIC", whereas the premier is all blue and says "ON FIELD". Is this true for all new jerseys?
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NFL Jersey Fan Paradise ::  :: -