NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
grivkin2
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   Mon Jan 31 2011, 08:09

Hey all,

I finally received my Clay Matthews Premier Jersey from the States (just in time for the Superbowl!) and noticed that the jocktag has been changed for the newer jerseys; it looks like the Replica jersey's, i.e. exactly like the Authentic's, but with alpha sizing. No more team-specific helmet. It does have an annoying "Length +2" tag under it, but I'll deal. Maybe someone can confirm the above, just in case I got a fake one (though I got it from Dick's Sporting Goods, which should be legit, and it sure looks/feels legit.) Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   Mon Jan 31 2011, 08:40

I've not seen this. Can you post some pictures?

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
grivkin2
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   Mon Jan 31 2011, 16:14

I just got off the phone with a lady who handles purchasing of the jerseys at Adidas. She seemed pretty certain that premier jerseys still have the helmet on them. I mentioned I bought it from Dick's, and she said NFL.com own Dick's online, and assured me they are a reputable retailer. She asked that I bring the jersey into work tomorrow and read some information from the tag for her. Sounds like I got a replica tag on my premier jersey! Must have been a manufacturing error. Pictures tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
grivkin2
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   Tue Feb 01 2011, 07:13

Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   Tue Feb 01 2011, 08:09

Nice, and the font is right on the 5. It does look like they stitched a replica tag to it, unless they have changed the premier tag.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
grivkin2
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   Tue Feb 01 2011, 08:33

yeah I don't think I am going to send it back, as I don't intend on reselling it. I even like this tag (sans "Length +2") better, as it looks more like the Authentic. But I will talk to the lady and see what she thinks/offers. She didn't think the premier tag changed, but she said I would have gotten a 2011/2012 jersey considering I bought it in November, which she thinks was a special run due to Clay's spike in popularity, and that she may not have gotten the memo about the change. It is amazing to me how Premier/Authentic jerseys (at least for the not super popular players) are sort of limited editions; look for a Clay Matthews premier jersey now, you will be hard-pressed to find one.

It's funny you mentioned the 5; my parents showed it to me on Skype when they received it, and I was super scared as I didn't think the 5 looked right, between the millions of fakes on eBay and even the stock photos having the incorrect font. Then, that Sunday, I looked at all the Packers' jerseys with 5s, and they were all bent like that. Now I find it funny how many fakes I see people wearing on gameday with straight-cornered 5s!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   

Back to top Go down

New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1