NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

Postage from the USA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Postage from the USA   Mon Jul 11 2011, 14:46

I think this has probably been asked before but I couldn't find the answer through the search bar.

I've been waiting on a jersey to be delivered for 2 weeks now, this is about the longest I've ever had to wait. Usaully my orders from the US come in about a week to 10 days.

I've got a tracking number for my order but it hasn't changed since 28th June where it said it had been "Processed through Sort Facility Jun-28-11, 20:07 PM, ROCHESTER, NY, 14606".

This leads me to believe it's somehow still in transit between the US and UK, and has been for 2 weeks now.

Should I be concerned by now or is this sometimes the way of things when ordering from the States?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   Mon Jul 11 2011, 19:27

Unfortunately it does happen sometimes. The worry will be that customs have got hold of it. You'll know if you get a letter from parcelforce kindly asking for money. I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
LASER___SHOW
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   Mon Jul 11 2011, 19:36

I've got the same problem, I'm waiting for an authentic jersey from America and all the tracking says is, The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 27, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. I ordered another 2 NFL items last week from America and they've already turned up.
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   Mon Jul 11 2011, 22:10

I'm now sort of hoping that customs have it just to ensure it's not been lost in transit. Kind of expecting to have to pay my first customs charge with this jersey sadly, I've had too many sneak past them.

Again I'm in the same boat John, this specific order was dispatched on the 27th and I had another item dispatched on the 29th and that arrived last Tuesday (the 5th). This is what has led to me questioning the whereabouts of this jersey.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   Tue Jul 12 2011, 00:20

JOHN_P wrote:
I've got the same problem, I'm waiting for an authentic jersey from America and all the tracking says is, The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 27, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. I ordered another 2 NFL items last week from America and they've already turned up.

I believe that means the seller paid online for shipping, printed a shipping label but never brought it to the post office. If they had, it was say ACCEPTANCE.
Back to top Go down
LASER___SHOW
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   Fri Jul 15 2011, 19:32

My jersey turned up today, I had to pay a customs fee, but just glad it wasn't lost in the post. any luck on yours Owenny
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   Fri Jul 15 2011, 19:39

Sadly still nothing here John. I emailed Parcelforce Worldwide who told me to contact Royal Mail but they are awful to get in touch with. Their phones are manned by computers which only go through the answers to the FAQ's on the website.

Might take a jaunt to my local Post Office, probably won't be able to do anything for me either though. I guess it's a matter of waiting and hoping it arrives soon. Approaching 3 weeks since it was sent.
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   Mon Jul 18 2011, 13:33

12.95 Customs charge! Oh well, at least I know it's here.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   Mon Jul 18 2011, 15:53

12.95 isn't too bad. Couple of times I got charged more than the jersey cost!

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   Mon Jul 18 2011, 17:15

A bit late now, but if it helps for the future, I believe that USPS only track international packages to the point that they leave the US (at which point it'll let you know the last sorting office the package was processed at prior to leaving the US).

As mrhead2k pointed out, the seller can print the label online and post the parcel at a later time. USPS don't seem to have the same restrictions as Royal Mail, whereby you have to post the package within 2 days of printing the postage (if you've ever had to do this before). This means some sellers can print the label but may not actually post it for a few days / a week.

The Royal Mail website should be able to track & trace international packages because if they're sent using USPS, Royal Mail will ultimately deliver it. That said, I've had international packages which RM doesn't recognise the number, so I don't think this is 100% reliable.

One last word of warning - be careful if you're having anything delivered internationally using UPS. The more viable (cheaper) methods of international delivery will have brokerage charges for being cleared through customs. I'm not sure how this works out for the UK, but I looked into this after I got stung for $60 (GBP 40) for a UPS delivery to Canada. Apparently this brokerage charge is applied to 100% of packages from US to Canada. As I say, not sure how it works for UK but may be worth investigating if you ever see UPS as an option.

The above is just my understanding based on my experience so it may not be 100% accurate, but will hopefully be helpful at least.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Postage from the USA   

Back to top Go down

Postage from the USA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1