NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Share | 

Another one is born...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SullyMass

PostSubject: Another one is born...   Thu Jan 19 2012, 20:42

Hello Folks,

First off, awesome website for such a unique yet widespread issue. I'll start by admitting guilt in the sense that I "thought" I could land a Authentic Reebox Rob Gronkowski Throwback jersey via eBay for $80. Prior to purchasing a part of me said, seriously?? Then again, the other side said well I have landed alot of really good deals on eBay on actual genuine stuff. That said, and with a AFC game approaching, I hit buy it now. The Seller had a 100% rating and "eBay Buyer Protection"... what could go wrong??

First off, the moment I opened the package, there was an overwhelming smell of either gas or oil. Seeing that it was sent in a USPS Priority Mail envelope, I figured it may of been stuffed in the well of either the truck or plane and got some backwash of fumes.

I then looked over some of the stitching and noticed a bit of fraying and things just didn't seem right, including but not limited to the Reebok tag. Googled around, found this site, and here I am. I reviewed the threads regarding what to look for and I think at this point I'm confident that the jersey I got was a decently made counterfeit.

Here are the pictures...

First off, the burnt edges to the NFL logo... No

Fake NFL hologram, different size tag?

Fraying of the stitching

Sloppy vector

Do they make them in Vietnam?

The NFLPA player head cut off?

To the uneducated eye, this isn't a half bad jersey but it's still not the real thing! I've opened a case with eBay, we'll see how it goes.

Sully

Feel free to use any of the above photos to help others avoid/spot this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another one is born...   Thu Jan 19 2012, 21:13

Welcome Sully, it's Reeboks fault for not keeping up with the demand. You'd think that a business in this day and age would do everything it could to meet the trends that the counterfeiters seem to be able to fill almost straight away.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Another one is born...   Thu Jan 19 2012, 21:25

Hi Sully,

Luckily, I haven't been burned with a fake jersey, but I understand the smell you described can be a common feature with them. You obviously figured out all of the reasons it is fake yourself, and hopefully you get the refund.

I tend to ignore a sellers feedback in terms of determining whether they're legit or not for 2 reasons:

1) Most people are not able to distinguish fakes from authentics; and
2) Many people are content to pay $50 for a "good fake", rather than meet Reebok's retail RRP.

Yes, you can get good deals on eBay, but the abundance of fakes makes it a bit of a mine field.

In terms of country of origin, yes - Reebok have been making their recent jerseys in Vietnam, as well as Korea. "Made in China" is typically a red flag for Reeboks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one is born...   

Back to top Go down

Another one is born...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1