NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 00:45

I did a Who Is on them, comes back to an American owner and a U.S. address. Im still skeptical though, can anybody help out with bowlbound.com?
Back to top Go down
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 01:10

The prices are in the right range it seems, but im not seeing alot of frontal pics of the jersey's, just the back's, weird. Flag goes up, maybe im reading to much into it, you guys would know better than me.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 02:03

Most of the jerseys look okay, but certain are questionable (I'm thinking the Redskins ones in particular). Using stock photos from NFLshop.com always makes me weary.

I wouldn't pay the prices they have listed though. Most of the jerseys are ones which are frequently on eBay for much cheaper prices.

Was there anything in particular you had your eye on?
Back to top Go down
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 04:15

Duece Mccallister Authentic Pro Bowl, Priest Holmes Authentic Pro Bowl and i saw a Authentic Gold Saints Alternate Stallworth in my size.
Back to top Go down
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 04:16

All 3 are jersey's im not gonna find anywhere anymore.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 05:08

I doubt they're legit. The Whois info is:

Registrant:
Bowl-Bound
ATTN BOWLBOUND.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA. US 18222

Domain Name: BOWLBOUND.COM

Administrative Contact:
Gothier, Sean
Crime
ATTN BOWLBOUND.COM
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
570-708-8780

Technical Contact:
Bowl-Bound
ATTN BOWLBOUND.COM
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
570-708-8780

Record expires on 08-Jun-2016.
Record created on 08-Jun-2000.

Domain servers in listed order:

YNS1.YAHOO.COM
YNS2.YAHOO.COM

It seems to me that a legit business would just register their own company, rather than bothering with "private registration."
Back to top Go down
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 06:00

Just because of that the jersey's are fakes? There are 98 reviews of the site, the bad ones are coming from stock problems and if you look at the other products they are all from 2004, 05,06, just like the jersey's that are for sale. Seems like old stock.
Back to top Go down
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 06:03

Is it to good to be true, probably is, but the who is, is not from china and i would like see if some of those jerseys pass the eye test.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 13:59

Wow, they want top dollar don't they! They do look legit, but the prices are way high. You can get hold of Chad Johnson jerseys on eBay for around $50. The stock is old, from 2003-2006. My gut says they are genuine.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 14:40

4teamFreak wrote:
All 3 are jersey's im not gonna find anywhere anymore.

You will find them. You find jerseys from pretty much any era on eBay. Yes - the majority are fake, sadly. But if you tread carefully and educate yourself at learning to spot fakes (which this forum is great for), you will weed out the fakes and be able to pick up some nic jerseys. It keeps it interesting biding your time and finding them for better prices.
Back to top Go down
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 17:19

I agree, they are high in price, but so is an authentic at Nfl shop before their sale. I don't want to rely soley on ebay to find jersey's, granted i am new to buying authentic jersey's online (outside of Nfl shop) , but i have been collecting for 20 years. So i don't mind spending authentic prices for authentic products, especially rare jersey's in my size, but you guys have been doing this online alot longer than me, so i will heed your advice. Thanks for the insight, dont know if i will get any off this sight yet.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Thu Feb 09 2012, 19:21

4teamFreak wrote:
Just because of that the jersey's are fakes? There are 98 reviews of the site, the bad ones are coming from stock problems and if you look at the other products they are all from 2004, 05,06, just like the jersey's that are for sale. Seems like old stock.

No. I'm just saying that it makes me leery of them, and their business practices. I could be totally wrong in my bias based on their private registration... it just seems "hinky."
Back to top Go down
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   Fri Feb 10 2012, 01:34

I totally understand, i think its to good to be true, that i just stumbled on a site with those legit jersey's. I sent an email about the authenticity of the jersey's to bowlbound and recieved an email back from the owner, Sean. He states that they are legit and that he has never sold under false premise. Its all talk until i see a jersey of course, he could whisper sweet nothings for all its worth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?   

Back to top Go down

bowlbound.com Before I buy, are they legit?
Page 1 of 1