NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Share | 

Bought 3 eagles jerseys on ebay, any fake?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ck19

PostSubject: Bought 3 eagles jerseys on ebay, any fake?   Sat Mar 03 2012, 17:55

Last week, i bought three Eagles jerseys on eBay to add to my collection for ridiculously cheap. The only one i really wanted was the White Dawkins (not concerned about this one being fake) bc it's my size but the others were to good to pass up. I've noticed that the quality of the numbers on my other eagles jerseys (purchased from nfl shop, eagles games, reeboks website and other ebay steals) varies which is my main concern with these jerseys. Some numbers are flat and cardboard like (white dawkins below) while others have a little bubbling, but much less than usual fakes. Anyways here are the auctions i won and also some pictures that I've taken of the actual item. A few of my concerns are some of the stitching on the black dawkins isnt perfect (mainly just the spot in the picture) the coloring on the NFLPA logos are different from the white jersey's and the eagles bird logos are slightly bigger on the black jerseys (made in China, White jersey was made in Korea).

Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bought 3 eagles jerseys on ebay, any fake?   Sat Mar 03 2012, 20:20

Welcome,

The white one looks genuine. If you have one that says made in Chinathen that's a fake as Reebok didn't have any jerseys made in China, except for a few test Dolphins way back when. I believe the two black jerseys are counterfeit.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
ck19

PostSubject: Re: Bought 3 eagles jerseys on ebay, any fake?   Sun Mar 04 2012, 01:45

Yeah, the black jerseys were both made in China according to the tag. It's weird because the jerseys pretty much pass many of the legit tests I have seen with Eagles jerseys over the past 6 years or so:

hologram looks right
the K in Dawkins is usually a dead give away when it comes to eagles jerseys
the numbers are rounded, unlike some of the fakes with a boxy look
the bird on the sleeve on fakes usually has fabric instead of threading for the white part around the eye
the rest of the font on the name plate is spot on
no creases, which most the fakes usually have
jocktag seems right
stitching is not sloppy except for the one spot on the dawkins jersey
the footballs on the nfl equipment logos actually look like footballs
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Bought 3 eagles jerseys on ebay, any fake?   Sun Mar 04 2012, 02:59

I agree with billsfan, though I totally get what you're saying in your last post.

The counterfeits do vary in quality greatly though - and certain aspects of this jersey are definitely close to be spotting on. The NFL Equipment logos are probably the best I've seen on fakes though. The "made in China" is a dead giveaway - and it seems strange they would make a mistake like this, given the detail on some of the other stuff. This is made easier by the fact you have a legit jersey from the same era (2005-06) to compare it to. The differences I noted (aside from the stuff already said) were:

1) The Reebok vector logo on the black one is almost joined where the top part of the logo meets the intersecting line. There should be a clear gap (as you can see on the white);

2) There are a number of differences between the jock tags - even although they should be the same. There are a lot of subtle differences, but the most obvious one I noticed was the size of the circled "R", next to the NFLPA logo at the right hand side of the logo. The white (legit) one is much larger. I checked a few of mine from the same era, and they're all identical to the white one;

3) Look at the first "E" on the sewn "Eagles" logo at the top of the chest. It's sewn completely differently as the thread transitions around the bottom left corner - and looks much better on the white jersey.

They're not things you'd notice from more than a few feet away, but it's all in the detail.

Incidentally, the white Dawkins is really nice! Smile
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Bought 3 eagles jerseys on ebay, any fake?   Sun Mar 04 2012, 03:33

Yes, the two black jerseys are fake. But I tell you what, if you like them, I would keep them. Especially if you just plan on wearing them personally and not holding onto them for any value. They are some of the best fakes I've seen.
Back to top Go down
ck19

PostSubject: Re: Bought 3 eagles jerseys on ebay, any fake?   Sun Mar 04 2012, 04:27

Well the good news is I paid only $19.00 shipped for each of the black ones from a seller that doesn't sell jerseys, the white one was $52.00. I will probably hold on to the Westbrook and maybe get it signed for my personal collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought 3 eagles jerseys on ebay, any fake?   

Back to top Go down

Bought 3 eagles jerseys on ebay, any fake?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1