NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

various Chargers stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: various Chargers stuff   Fri Mar 09 2012, 10:35

I just received a bunch of Chargers stuff from various sources, and being embarrassingly excited about it, I thought I'd put a shamelessly self-indulgent post up. Advance apologies for the images. Cheap phone camera with no macro and minimal lighting.

Prolly the most interesting one is this beauty I found from full moon jerseys. Being from the UK, I've been looking for an '09 50th anniversary white throwback for ages (having been too cheap to stump up the cash back then), and was convinced they just weren't to be found any more. For the aficionados amongst you, Reebok never released these in authentic despite the overwhelming demand, so this Premier as good as it gets. These were so popular that I think the only reason I found one is because there was no mention of '50th' or 'throwback' in the ebay listing title: you'd expect it to be a standard away jersey.

My first Premier actually, and the step up from a replica is huge. I particularly like the 'clear backing' on the body mesh. Its a shame Reebok were lazy and used old templates for the bolt screen print; the blue shoulders and bolt are both quite thin compared to the game jerseys, which are much nicer.

It was actually in trying to get hold of one of these that I previously had caved in and bought a fake. I'll spare you the eyesores (although its pretty good for a fake), but it turned out to be a good thing; before, I just assumed that fakes were exactly the same but cheaper (not paying so much to reebok and the NFL). Having bought one and seen it in the flesh, I'm a complete convert to proper Authentics and Premiers. So when I saw that Football Fanatics was selling Auths off cheap, I went and bought my first one (We will say nothing of the fact that they dropped the price a further $30 two days later!)

Nothing too exciting for you game worn veterans. It has the funny 'reverse' stitching on the numbers though; I've seen both on the chargers auths. Its nice to have a current player; up until now, you could only get good deals on LT and Merriman jerseys.

Overall really impressed by the quality, fit, shape, everything. I'm now a total convert to auths!

Lastly I thought I'd put this (second hand but great condition) replica that I found from a UK seller on ebay. Again, pretty routine, but its pretty rare to find the old school pre07 throwbacks in the UK (no ugly navy line on the numbers, proper font, proper sized white shoulder patches), and just as rare to find a less well known player like Jammer. I dunno how this one found its way to 'ol blighty. How cool is that?

Anyway having just had a few replicas lying around for years, I bought one jersey, and now I can't stop! Now all I need is a Jacob Hester and an Antoine Cason, and I'll have 20-24 sorted!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: various Chargers stuff   Fri Mar 09 2012, 10:51

Nice little haul there Andy, I've got a nice Chargers Jacket for sale if you are interested I'll post some pictures.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: various Chargers stuff   Fri Mar 09 2012, 15:39

Billsfan wrote:
Nice little haul there Andy, I've got a nice Chargers Jacket for sale if you are interested I'll post some pictures.

In light of my recent spending spree I'll prolly give it a miss; thanks though. I've still got to think of where to stash these before the other half discovers them!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: various Chargers stuff   Fri Mar 09 2012, 17:41

I hear ya. Very Happy

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: various Chargers stuff   Fri Mar 09 2012, 17:57

Yeah, hiding stuff.......I know. Kinda like an addiction, isn't it? Like alcoholics hide their drinking, junkies hide their needle mearks, etc..... (but jersey addiction isn't as dangerous, obviously...can be just as expensive though!! Smile )
Back to top Go down
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: various Chargers stuff   Fri Mar 09 2012, 19:55

Stashed! Is it okay to leave auths and eqts piled on top of each other, folded as they come in the bag?

I noticed some interesting things about the authentic. First, the nameplate seems to be cut to the length of the players' name. Pretty cool, but I understood that they didn't do this.

Also it might have been retagged (there is an extra plastic tag string). Am I right in thinking this is common practice by Reebok, numbering up extra jerseys as required, and retagging if they happen to be older blanks?

Also, are the 'reverse stitch' numbers a newer or older thing? the whole assembly is connected to the shirt by just the outermost stitch, so I can imagine its quite a bit easier for them to do. Plus uses a lot less Twill.

Anyway at the final run of Reebok Jerseys, I'm hardly surprised that there is some evidence of 'use up blanks for final batch'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: various Chargers stuff   

Back to top Go down

various Chargers stuff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1