NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Tue Apr 03 2012, 23:30

In my opinion these things suck. I don't get why the ownership went for these, it's the Ducks all over again, thank the maker that my a bills changed their uni's last year I hate to think what would have happened to them!

Let's look closer:

Home

I thought the old uni was cool I liked the two tone blue with the green accents. This one, the blue is too dark and what's with those strange shapes in the numbers, what are they supposed to represent? And the green accent pieces on the sleeves are pretty awful.

Road

These ones are a little easier on the eye, but what's happened to the hawk on the sleeves? That to me was the Seahawks.

Alternate

Why bother, looks like a road jersey that's been through the wash 400 times.

Pants

There's that strange accent shape again, this time in lime green!

Neckline

Enough said on that one.

All in all Nike have taken the pro league Seahawks and dumped them in the little league with this rehashed college uniform. The Seahawks website says that there are 9, yes 9 uniform combinations to be had here. I'd like to see them grace a dumpster, bring back the old uni's and look like a NFL team again.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan

Last edited by Billsfan on Tue Apr 03 2012, 23:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
tmacman
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Tue Apr 03 2012, 23:39

In the words of Charles Barkley, that's TURRIBLE! Far too college style.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was Nike's wet dream. If every team goes college style, we may as well start putting sponsors on the jerseys, wouldn't make much difference to view a team wearing a mcdonald's logo lift the lombardi over these

Last edited by tmacman on Tue Apr 03 2012, 23:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Tue Apr 03 2012, 23:45

Apparently the strange design in the numbers and pant stripes are feathers!!!!!! does no one at Nike know what a bird looks like!?! Looks like a whales tail to me.

Back to top Go down
tmacman
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Tue Apr 03 2012, 23:48

And just to add to it, I didn't like 'hawks previous jerseys too much, no offense to fans of the team, but I didn't think they could get much worse, with the weird shade of blue and the neon green highlights, and the road uniforms, good lord, the road uniforms *shudder*.

WAY TO PROVE ME WRONG!
Back to top Go down
Claden
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 08:51

They're "different". Not too bad though. Liked the ones they had before though.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 08:59

According to the NFL ;

The uniforms also incorporate graphics of Pacific Northwest coastal Indian artwork along the side of the uniform tops and pants and around the neckline.

Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 09:11

I cant believe the negative feedback some are giving this jersey , i think it is fantastic . Im gonna get the Lynch home and Flynn Alternate !

Quote :
"Highlights of New Seahawks Jerseys" as provided by the team:

*Colors: College Navy, Action Green, Wolf Grey

*Modified color scheme mirrors colors of the Pacific Northwest wilderness

*Jersey incorporates graphics inspired by northwest coastal Indian art

*Broad chest graphic outlining the shoulders echoes the stance of a Thunderbird totem.

... *The Seahawks mark above the heart honors the team.

*Feather-pattern graphic on helmet, in numbers and on pants represents natural elements of the Pacific Northwest, again inspired by the coastal Indian art

*The 12 feathers on the pant leg stripe represent the 12th Man. 12 feathers are also featured on each side of the neckline and the 12th Man logo is sewn on the inside back collar of the jersey.

*The Seahawks logo on helmet is bigger and bolder, connecting at a point in the back of the helmet.

*Jerseys are now made with a hydrophobic material that repels water, maintaining the jerseys “clean” look, making them lighter and not bogged down with water weight, resulting in better performance.

*Nike uniform is 20% lighter, 50% stronger and provides more of a shrink-wrap fit than previous models.
Back to top Go down
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 09:13

What I don't get is that 'gray' alternate. Its so pale I didn't realise it wasn't the white for ages. In a few pics they mix white and grey pants and jerseys; it just looks like someone messed up and left a red jumper in half of the team's washes. If they were going to go grey, it could at least be recognisably grey.

I don't actually mind them otherwise. A few too many 'stripey fussy' bits, and could've done with more lime (!) but otherwise better than I was expecting. The all whites look quite good actually.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 09:18

I was wondering what a Seahawks fan would make of them, I'm glad you like them. They are going to have their lovers and haters though. Marmite springs to mind (our US members may not get that though)

Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 09:28

Yeah its just like anything thats new folk will always have a opinion on it . Only thing i was a bit surprised about was it didnt have the seahawks hawk logo on it . Though i still love the jersey and cant wait to buy it.

Yeah the grey alternate looks a bit pale but i think its the photoshoot that has done that , i reckon if it was a regular gameday photo the grey would stand out alot better.
Back to top Go down
Claden
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 10:36

I do like them. I like the 12th Man tribute in the uniform. On the pants and jersey. The alternate Wolf Gray is like the silver jersey the Patriots used to have.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 14:21

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the Seahawks' obsession is with nuclear neon green. If they ditched that, and the weird "feather" pattern, I thnk it would look fine.

I am also a bit disappointed with the grey alternates. You really have to go dark grey in order to make them work. The Patriots had a similar problem with their Silver alternates a few years back.
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:02

I know everyones hating in this jersey but at least they had the nuts to do something different. The white one is growing in me

Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:22

White one isn't too bad. Alternate is pointless. Home one looks like a very cheap plastic pair of kids trainers that fall apart within a fortnight. They tried different, and they failed miserably.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 17:30

See always trust a lady's fashion sense.

Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 18:21

LADY???? WHERE?????? Smile
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 18:47

I dont think you could call it a fail , most teams with a uni change play it safe and tweak a few things here and there but for us to be change it completely is a bold move ...we are different from the rest of the nfl regarding uniforms but in 3-4 years time when other teams change there designs our uniforms wont be so much of a standout.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 18:50

I guess it'll take a while for us to get used to them. I think their ideas were admirable (feathers, etc) but could have been executed better.
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 18:51

The pattern going down the pants and around the neck ..some are calling it feathers but i think they are meant to be wings ..im sure thats what they called it in a nike video i saw.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 19:21

That would make more sense....they do look more like wings than feathers. If you use your imagination!
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 22:58

You're right Hawk 37... http://nikeinc.com/nike-football/news/nfl-uniforms-seattle-seahawks

Info for all teams available here http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-elite-51-uniform
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 23:10

The new uniform colors are rooted in Seattle’s own environmental hues - the deep blue of the ocean water that tucks into the harbor near downtown and the Seahawks’ stadium. The new color addition called Action Green represents the green of the ubiquitous trees, ferns and moss literally covering the Pacific Northwest landscape. This brighter shade of green is designed to provide a pop of color on the uniform just as the vibrant bright greens pop in the rain-soaked environment. The Wolf Grey color accents complete the combination, an embodiment of the ever-changing clouds overhead that bring rain and life to the area. Lastly, bright white accents the uniform just as the snow capped peaks of the Olympic and Mt. Rainier accent the skyline around Seattle.

The native influence goes all the way into the numbers, which are shaped with the same straights edges and curves as the stoic hawks that reign atop the tallest totem poles.

In addition to these new design elements, the Nike Elite 51 uniform features Flywire technology to reduce weight and provide a lockdown fit over the pads. The uniform is completely engineered from the inside out, focusing on creating a system where the baselayer, padding, jersey and pant work in concert. A few of the new innovations include increasing sleeve articulation for better range of motion and integrating new four-way stretch fabrication to provide a streamlined shrink-wrap fit.

Jeez, are we talking football jerseys or writing a travel brochure! You've got to admit there's a huge amount of waffle going on here.

Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   Wed Apr 04 2012, 23:14

Definitely lots of waffle......plenty of poetic/artistic licence in that description!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread   

Back to top Go down

The Nike Seahawks uni's deserve their own thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1