NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

New York Jets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: New York Jets   Wed Apr 25 2012, 19:02

The Jets picking up Tebow from the Broncos should be interesting this year. It has the potential to be either a genius move or just show that the Jets are falling apart. Sky Sports tipping Dontari Poe to be drafted by the Jets looks interesting too. A 25 stone lineman could go either way. Looking like an interesting year for my AFC team.

Considering a Tebow Nike jersey too!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York Jets   Thu Apr 26 2012, 00:21

I can see the fans shouting Tebow the first time Sanchez chucks a duck, but although he found a way to win some games, he looks horrible most of the time, the Bills killed the Broncos last season along with the Patriots in the playoffs. Ok Denver picked up Peyton, but Tebow could have easily been a good backup/wildcat option forthe Broncos but they got rid of him and that speaks volumes to me.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: New York Jets   Thu Apr 26 2012, 14:59

Might have had something to do with salaries though, I imagine Peyton Manning cost them a lot!

I don't think they should have Tebow and Sanchez competing for the starter spot though, I think they either decide to try Tebow, or stick with Sanchez, and then use Tebow as a HB. The second option sounds better, especially with LT having retired now. If they do use Tebow as a HB then the Jets have the potential to be absolutely deadly out of a shotgun formation, as they would effectively have two QB's and a HB lol

Sounds like an inventive play creator's dream!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York Jets   Thu Apr 26 2012, 15:59

Tebow is a good running QB, but not a good HB. It works because the defence have to cover the running backs and that leaves Tebow free to run. I see it being drama for the Jets with little upside unless Sanchez or Tebow get injured for the season.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: New York Jets   Thu Apr 26 2012, 16:51

Tim Tebow is like David Beckham. Teams want him so they can sell lots of jerseys and get lots of publicity. I like the guys ethics, but as a footballer . . . still not convinced

Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: New York Jets   Thu Apr 26 2012, 17:26

obinug wrote:
Tim Tebow is like David Beckham. Teams want him so they can sell lots of jerseys and get lots of publicity. I like the guys ethics, but as a footballer . . . still not convinced

I agree with you that I think the Jets were only after Tebow from a publicity / merchandising perspective (why else would they need 2 average QBs, neither of whom are capable of passing.) However, I think the comparison with Beckham would end there. Beckham has played football at the top level for almost 20 years. Granted, the MLS isn't the top level of football, but it has to be the fastest growing league in the world. He was never the fastest player, and is even slower now, but he still contributes with his pin-point distribution.

I think Tebow peaked last season. As Simon already pointed out, once teams figured him out and were able to shut him down, the Broncos suffered heavily. I'm not convinced he has the mechanics / natural ability to ever be a good passer in the NFL. My guess is that he will be pretty irrelevant within 2-3 years and will be a back-up QB who runs wild cat plays, at best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York Jets   

Back to top Go down

New York Jets
Page 1 of 1