NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Share | 

Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
100Daily
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Thu May 10 2012, 23:14

I bought a jersey from Toonjersey.com and compared it to the nice new one I got from NFLShop.com. Obviously the real jersey is on the left, the fake is on the right. Hopefully someone finds this interesting.

Last edited by 100Daily on Sat May 12 2012, 17:56; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Thu May 10 2012, 23:49

That is a very detailed and interesting comparison - thanks a lot!

You can obviously tell the fake a mile away, without needing to look into any of the detail. But for me, the huge giveaway is the NFL Equipment logo on the collar. Thankfully, the counterfeiters aren't even attempting it, so it really sticks out. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time until they come up with something closer, but I can't see them getting anywhere near as close as they were getting to the Reeboks.

The Manning's a great looking jersey by the way (the one on the left, that is)!
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 00:09

Wow, that is really interesting! And nice jersey by the way......really like the Broncos ones!
Back to top Go down
100Daily
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 01:10

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you enjoyed the picture compilation. There are TONS of old Reebok pics, but hardly any good Nike Elite comparisons around. I figured I would bite the bullet and buy a cheap jersey for comparison sake.

I emailed TOONJersey and feigned being really shocked that the supposed Nike Elite Jersey they sold me is a knock off. Wink Hopefully they just credit me back as opposed to having me ship it half way across the world. It is a $5 sweatshop item, I doubt it will matter if they get it back. I will probably end up giving the knock off away.
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 02:11

I would burn that knock-off and video tape it Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 02:19

It's obvious what Nike did in terms of design to easily spot fakes is working. The thing is though, most people (the casual fan) do not care that the jersey they bought and wear is a bootleg. Hopefully Nike cares more than Reebok and will shut these people down.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 03:15

mrhead2k wrote:
It's obvious what Nike did in terms of design to easily spot fakes is working. The thing is though, most people (the casual fan) do not care that the jersey they bought and wear is a bootleg. Hopefully Nike cares more than Reebok and will shut these people down.

I couldn't agree with you more.

As you rightly point out though, how much incentive is there for a company like Nike / Reebok to try and take on the counterfeiters. It's great to have the intention of shutting them down, but I could also see it being a losing battle as every time they shut down one operation, I'm sure another 5-10 will just pop up to replace it. As you say, the average fan is happy paying $20 to get a knock-off and doesn't really care if it's fake.

I'd love to see the bootleggers taken on seriously, but I can't see it happening soon or effectively, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 03:51

That average fan also thinks they got a steal. I can't count how many time someone approached me while I was wearing a jersey and said something like "I know a guy that can get you any player, any team CHEAP"
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 03:59

I know - it's frightening to see just how many fakes are out there. I'd be lying if I didn't spend a lot of time fake-spotting at the Bills game I was at last year. Not that I needed to try hard...
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 04:06

So the real one is on the right, right?
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 12:50

Scary how many fake football (Premier league) shirts are on sale IN SHOPS IN CENTRAL LONDON!!!
Back to top Go down
100Daily
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 15:23

One thing is that eBay is now shutting down fake ads for NFL jerseys. If you search for NFL Nike jerseys and you watch the items that pull up, just wait they will be removed with no warning. Obviously in the Reebok days nobody seem to care but now in the Nike era they are cracking down on it. I posted up this jersey on eBay just to see if they would take it down and they didn't, so they must know what a real jersey is versus fake.

Last edited by 100Daily on Mon May 21 2012, 16:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 15:26

That's good then that ebay are doing something about this - and as you say, probably due to Nike asking
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Fri May 11 2012, 23:23

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post the comparison 100Daily, extremely useful for everyone to see.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
japz

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Sat May 12 2012, 14:13

My question is why does the US Government allow these counterfeits to be so openly imported into this country? And they are delivered to you by US MAIL! If these items are allowed into the country, people will always buy them. Not everybody has $300.00 to spend on the real thing.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Sat May 12 2012, 15:46

japz wrote:
My question is why does the US Government allow these counterfeits to be so openly imported into this country? And they are delivered to you by US MAIL! If these items are allowed into the country, people will always buy them. Not everybody has $300.00 to spend on the real thing.

The issue is the US customs and the UK customs are stretched too thin to check every parcel, so they let the majority through. I have always said that $300 is way too much for a jersey, especially when you can buy game worn or team issued jerseys for much much less than that. I still think $100 is too much for the new Nike game jersey range, they should be half that.

Back to top Go down
100Daily
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Sat May 12 2012, 17:03

ToonJersey asked me to return the jersey. I looked up online and according to Section 136.3 of US Postal code, it is illegal to export counterfeit goods via USPS. I told them "I refuse to break United States law so you can recover your illegal merchandise." Even if they refuse to credit me, I am sure this is all my credit card company would need to hear to get a refund. Messing with counterfeiters is fun. geek

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc1_014.htm
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Sat May 12 2012, 17:26

100Daily wrote:
ToonJersey asked me to return the jersey. I looked up online and according to Section 136.3 of US Postal code, it is illegal to export counterfeit goods via USPS. I told them "I refuse to break United States law so you can recover your illegal merchandise." Even if they refuse to credit me, I am sure this is all my credit card company would need to hear to get a refund. Messing with counterfeiters is fun. geek

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc1_014.htm

Brilliant!!!

Back to top Go down
tmacman
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Sat May 12 2012, 20:19

[quote="Billsfan"]
japz wrote:
I still think $100 is too much for the new Nike game jersey range, they should be half that.

That price will probably decrease once the launch boom wears thin
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Sat May 12 2012, 22:04

tmacman wrote:
Billsfan wrote:
I still think $100 is too much for the new Nike game jersey range, they should be half that.

That price will probably decrease once the launch boom wears thin

Don't hold your breath on that, if they can get $100 for them then they will keep the price there.

Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Sat May 12 2012, 22:08

I don't mind it too much really. I pay 40 a year for my Man Utd home shirts which change every year. The pats aren't likely to change their design anytime soon so 80 to me isn't that bad. Plus, by the looks of it these game jerseys look alot nicer. There is a Brady game jersey on eBay at the minute that looks legit

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Sat May 12 2012, 23:42

Billsfan wrote:
japz wrote:

The issue is the US customs and the UK customs are stretched too thin to check every parcel, so they let the majority through. I have always said that $300 is way too much for a jersey, especially when you can buy game worn or team issued jerseys for much much less than that. I still think $100 is too much for the new Nike game jersey range, they should be half that.

I don't believe that. These companies operate in the open and are easy to spot. The Postal authorities know where the packages come from and can easily stop them. I think they look the other way to appease China. Also the greed of companies like Nike and the NFL cause these inflated prices and invite the counterfeiters to do what they do.
Back to top Go down
100Daily
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Mon May 14 2012, 20:41

UPDATE: ToonJersey is sticking to their guns, and says they ship USPS all the time so that apparently makes it legal to them. I told her that it doesn't make it legal per US Postal Code 136.3, but she didn't seem to understand this concept.

Anyway, I filed a complaint with the FTC. Additionally I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Wells Fargo required that I take the jersey to a neutral 3rd party expert, so I called up the local Broncos Store at Invesco Field. A manager was nice enough to verify what we already knew, see below. Anyway, I have proven and documented it is counterfeit, and also proven it is illegal to export counterfeit goods. Seems like game, set, and match against ToonJersey but we shall see.

Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Mon May 14 2012, 21:28

This is fantastic!!! Very amusing!!! Hope they are banged to rights.
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   Mon May 14 2012, 22:18

I tell you what, if this applies to the UK i will try it!! Get them taken out big style one by one!!

PostSubject: Re: Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison   

Back to top Go down

Real Vs Fake - 2012 Nike Elite Jersey Comparison
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next