NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
slimm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   Wed Jul 18 2012, 17:02

I have several jerseys (especially game-issued) that have the wide neck due to the pads stretching it. I took it to local alterations/tailor and lady suggested inserting elastic band on the inside of the neck band as a first option. If it doesn't fix it then she will see if she can cut some of it and cover with the NFL logo up front. Anybody ever fix a jersey with wide neck?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   Wed Jul 18 2012, 18:30

Can't say that I have, sounds like the lady knows what she is doing, but be careful with gamers that any alteration doesn't lower the value.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   Wed Jul 18 2012, 19:34

I'm with billsfan - I wouldn't touch anything that's game issued / worn in terms of alterations as it will detract from the authenticity and originality of it. I have only 2 team issued jerseys that I ever wear but purely because the original cut of them works for me. The rest are just hanging in my closet as collection pieces, and will hopefully be hanging on a wall in my house in the near future.
Back to top Go down
slimm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   Wed Jul 18 2012, 20:48

The jersey is for a player that never made the team, so it was never game worn. I want to be able to wear it though. I wear all of my jerseys. At some point I want to hang them up like you RJ. It shouldn't detract from any value if it's done right, and I trust this lady. You won't be able to see the elastic band that will be "inside" the collar (in between both layers). Plus, I only paid $120 for it, and the elastic will cost me $12. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I pick it up this Friday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   

Back to top Go down

Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck
Page 1 of 1