NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

Action against ebay counterfeitters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Action against ebay counterfeitters    Fri Feb 08 2013, 03:00

Alright so per my normal daily ritual I checked ebay this evening to scour the ads for some eagles jerseys. Of course I came upon a jersey that looked ok from afar but definitely proved to be fake (221187122618) even has the tag showing the $269 price tag. The seller claims it as a true reebok authentic as well, as opposed to those that avoid using the brand name reebok and just say "everything is sewn on!" Well tonight I had my breaking point. I found this link where you can report up to 10 counterfeit items at one time and ive probably reported at least 20 this evening.

I love my hobby, and these guys are ruining it. If you feel the desire to do your team a service here is the link:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2023&rcode=BN%25P10158&subject=Replica%20and%20Counterfeit%20Items&bcrumb=%20Home%20%3E%20Help%20%3E%C2%A0Membership%20%26%20account%C2%A0%3E%C2%A0Rules%20%26%20policies%C2%A0%3E%C2%A0Replica%2C%20c

There are many out there, and sure our work may seem insignificant, but you gotta start somewhere.

#end_rant
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Action against ebay counterfeitters    Fri Feb 08 2013, 09:53

Good for you. I do this periodically, I have to say that eBay doesn't seem to take too much notice, but the more we do it I suppose they will start to take notice.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Action against ebay counterfeitters    Fri Feb 08 2013, 14:18

They dont seem to care. I mean at the end of the day it makes them money to keep the stuff on there but at least ill be able to say I tried.

Its really unfortunate how its nearly impossible to buy a jersey with confidence anywhere other than the team shop or NFL shop.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Action against ebay counterfeitters    Sat Feb 09 2013, 02:02

Update: All the jerseys i reported as counterfeit were removed from ebay. Success!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Action against ebay counterfeitters    Sat Feb 09 2013, 17:25

Well done! cheers

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
sluggermatt15
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Action against ebay counterfeitters    Mon Feb 18 2013, 13:31

Thanks for taking care of this, Riptide. Sometimes action is the only way for things to get done. People just gawk at things, but actually taking a stand makes a difference.

I agree that it's terrible jerseys are counterfeited, and that people are totally ignorant about that. It's a shame, really.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Action against ebay counterfeitters    Mon Feb 18 2013, 17:41

Yup so far using that link every jersey i report has been taken off, so ebay has been fairly attentive when its brought to their attention.
Back to top Go down
sluggermatt15
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Action against ebay counterfeitters    Tue Feb 19 2013, 13:15

Riptide09 wrote:
Yup so far using that link every jersey i report has been taken off, so ebay has been fairly attentive when its brought to their attention.

Nice, keep it up! It's a great benefit to ebay. You can also increase your ability to spot a fake, which is always helpful. Wish I had that kind of a great eye!
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Action against ebay counterfeitters    Tue Feb 19 2013, 14:55

sluggermatt15 wrote:
Riptide09 wrote:

Nice, keep it up! It's a great benefit to ebay. You can also increase your ability to spot a fake, which is always helpful. Wish I had that kind of a great eye!

Just keep at it. My eye isnt even the best as I get fooled by fakes at times, however once you learn the main points to look at for jersey authenticity it becomes easier and easier to spot a fake. Stick around here and you'll learn soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Action against ebay counterfeitters    

Back to top Go down

Action against ebay counterfeitters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1