NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vsan94

PostSubject: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Fri Apr 05 2013, 09:51

Just bought an A. Smith jersey off ebay. Previous owner was relatively small ebay account with few sales but mostly buys. Jersey is 2nd hand but he never used it thus he sold it. He claims its real and he doesn't know where it was purchased from as it was a gift from a while back. Still has plastic packaging and tag. I was honestly really iffy about it at first but at a really low price I took a gamble & hoped it was real but even if its fake maybe I could flip it & let the new owners know what they're buying. Need any input y'all got. I looked into a bunch of details and some check out but some don't! Need someone with real expertise and can surely identify whether it's a fake or not. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Vsan94

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Fri Apr 05 2013, 09:52

Ahhhhh I tried to host some photos but I guess they weren't posted. I'll try to do that now.
Back to top Go down
Vsan94

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Fri Apr 05 2013, 09:55

Back to top Go down
Vsan94

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Fri Apr 05 2013, 10:01

Back to top Go down
Vsan94

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Fri Apr 05 2013, 10:03

Back to top Go down
Vsan94

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Fri Apr 05 2013, 10:06

Back to top Go down
Vsan94

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Fri Apr 05 2013, 10:14

2 other things I found to be very odd that might be dead giveaways as to whether or not they're fake but I'm not 100% sure.

The swing tag it came with appeared to be the correct swing tag for that year. But I found it interesting that on the back there was no barcode and instead of the square NFL hologram, it was the circle NFL hologram with the helmets. The hologram itself looked real but I was told that these holograms were discontinued in 2008 and to my knowledge this is either a throwback style jersey or the 2010/2011 jersey.

Another thing I found to be interesting was that the tags on the jersey say Made in Vietnam but below it, it says Hecho en Corea and below that it says Fabrique en Coree. Is that another dead giveaway that the jersey is fake? I got more pics if need be. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Fri Apr 05 2013, 11:35

Welcome to the forum,

The jersey is a fake I'm afraid. The NFL equipment badge is very poorly made, the round hologram is a dead giveaway and the Vietnam and Korea mistake just would not happen on a real jersey. The material used for the numbers is the wrong type of twill also. Any chance you can return it?

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
Vsan94

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Fri Apr 05 2013, 18:12

I probably can't return it but it's alright I got it for pretty cheap and I'll just try to resell. I'll make sure to put in the listings that the jersey is a knock off so potential buyers know what they're getting themselves into. Thanks for the quick response & expertise billsfan!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   Sat Apr 06 2013, 01:34

You're welcome.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)   

Back to top Go down

Alex Smith Reebok Authentic... Real or Fake? Pls help :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1