NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Mon Apr 22 2013, 23:48

Hi all,

As the nfl shop now has jerseys at a pretty good price, I'm seriously considering picking up my first nike elite.

Before i do i just wondered is someone could re assure me I'm about to order the correct size?

I'm a 41.5" chest and usually go for a size 48 Reebok authentic.

Going by the size guide at the nfl shop i should be getting a Size 40 Nike elite...just wanted to check i wasn't making a daft mistake...seems strange ordering a sz40 when I'm used to ordering a sz48

http://www.nflshop.com/product/sizeChart.jsp?productId=12947430

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Tue Apr 23 2013, 22:47

It's a bit of a gamble the first time eh? The chart does suggest a 40. You gonna pull the trigger?

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Wed Apr 24 2013, 22:42

seriously thinking about it...

As the new uniforms are coming out there may never be a better time.

customizable elite jerseys are at $149 or i could pick up a bush jersey for $129...both options seem like quite a good price.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Thu Apr 25 2013, 18:07

That's a good deal then, Bills custom elites are $299 Crying or Very sad

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Thu Apr 25 2013, 19:17

There are pics out for the new Vikings and Dolphins jerseys now. As well as all 3 Jaguar jerseys.

However, if this may help in your opinion on the Dolphins jerseys, the numbering on a custom jersey will match the styling of an old reebok jersey. But the Reggie Bush jersey would have the new number styling.

As well, with the Reggie Bush, if it doesn't fit, you can return it for the right size, but you can't do so with a custom jersey.

Lastly, I always bought my reebok jerseys in a 52, but could probably fit a 48.. And in my new Nike Elite jersey I got a 44, it fits well, but if I went smaller, it would probably have been too small.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Thu Apr 25 2013, 21:56

Thanks for the info Boss302,

I had no idea about the Numbering on the custom Jerseys...i just assumed they would be the new style as with the bush...that may make all the difference.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Fri Apr 26 2013, 00:25

You're welcome, hope you enjoy your purchase.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Fri Apr 26 2013, 01:02

Good luck with the fit man. The first one is a bit of a gamble, just get it from a place that will accept a return if there arent any shops near you. Unless you get a custom which in that case i would go a size larger just to be safe!
Back to top Go down
sluggermatt15
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Sat Apr 27 2013, 00:15

Always go with a slightly bigger size if you are unsure. I prefer my jerseys to fit slightly larger than "just right". I think the last thing you'd want is the jersey to be too tight. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Sat Apr 27 2013, 02:29

With Nike though, that is a gamble. I wear a 54 in Reebok, but Nike only has 52 and 56. I thought the most logical thing to do was, get the 56. Boy was I wrong. It was gigantic!! Especially in the neck and shoulder area. The 52 fits me much better but is slightly snug near the bottom around my hips.
Back to top Go down
sluggermatt15
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Sat Apr 27 2013, 17:51

mrhead2k wrote:
With Nike though, that is a gamble. I wear a 54 in Reebok, but Nike only has 52 and 56. I thought the most logical thing to do was, get the 56. Boy was I wrong. It was gigantic!! Especially in the neck and shoulder area. The 52 fits me much better but is slightly snug near the bottom around my hips.

I have a feeling, based on feedback and the Nike size charts, that these Elites run a size larger than Reebok. So in your case, a 54 in Reebok would probably best equate to a 52 Nike Elite. I usually go 50 or 52 in Reebok, so I would think a 48 in Nike would be fine for me. That is an estimate, as I do not own any of the Nike jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Sat Apr 27 2013, 17:58

Noooo nike runs much smaller than reebok, if youre a 50 or 52 in reebok youll wanna get a size larger in nike
Back to top Go down
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Sat Apr 27 2013, 18:44

I don't think they do. I would go off of the Reebok to Nike chart that's floating around the internet.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Sat Apr 27 2013, 19:00

Use the chart and youll be fine. But if you base your sizing off of the size reebok jersey you wear then your nike jersey will be way too big. I wear a size 46 reebok and in nike i wear a 40. So if i got a size 46 nike id be swimming in it lol.

Last edited by Riptide09 on Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sluggermatt15
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Sun Apr 28 2013, 13:50

Thanks for correcting me, guys. I think I misunderstood the size chart. Now that I look at it, you are correct.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Tue May 07 2013, 03:59

http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net/t2654p120-new-nike-jersey-photos

I posted those photos on that page back when the Elites came out. I had a custom Tucker made in size 40 because I like the snugness, but I think I'll be getting 44's from now on.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Tue May 07 2013, 11:54

cry_minarets458 wrote:

I posted those photos on that page back when the Elites came out. I had a custom Tucker made in size 40 because I like the snugness, but I think I'll be getting 44's from now on.

That's incredibly helpful cry_minarets458, i have no idea how i managed to miss that thread...

Just out of interest would you mind sharing what your actual chest size is in inches?

Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Tue May 07 2013, 14:26

finfan1uk wrote:
cry_minarets458 wrote:

That's incredibly helpful cry_minarets458, i have no idea how i managed to miss that thread...

Just out of interest would you mind sharing what your actual chest size is in inches?

Absolutely. I just remeasured and it looks like I'm around 38.5-39 inches around the widest part of my chest. I do wear a size 40 suit, so that number makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Tue May 07 2013, 18:34

Cheers mate,

Does your jersey fit really snug around the chest or do you reckon there is a couple of inches spare?

I'm a 41.5 - 42" chest and the Nike size chart indicates an elite sz40 fits up to 44" chest...but I'm not sure i believe it Suspect

Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Tue May 07 2013, 19:49

Dont believe it.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Wed May 08 2013, 06:08

The jersey fits fine around my chest but it's the shoulders that are snug. Plus the sleeves are shorter bc the jersey itself seems to be cut more like a t shirt. The 44 offers more relief in the shoulders so it allows the sleeves to be more comfy, IMO. Id go with a 44 if you're chest is that size. I honestly think the Nike sizes correspond to chest size...40 is chest 40, 44 is chest 45, etc etc
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   Wed May 08 2013, 19:51

cry_minarets458 wrote:
The jersey fits fine around my chest but it's the shoulders that are snug. Plus the sleeves are shorter bc the jersey itself seems to be cut more like a t shirt. The 44 offers more relief in the shoulders so it allows the sleeves to be more comfy, IMO. Id go with a 44 if you're chest is that size. I honestly think the Nike sizes correspond to chest size...40 is chest 40, 44 is chest 45, etc etc

Cheers mate, that's all i needed to hear Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.   

Back to top Go down

Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1