NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Sat Jun 22 2013, 07:15

I'm really disappointed with Nike.  I ordered a custom White Ravens elite to find a solid white collar all the way around WITHOUT flywire collar.  I sent back and they refunded because it didn't match what was pictured (what the Ravens wore last season).  Now, the nflshop pics are updated with what jersey I received, as well as the other jerseys.

The Ravens collars are no longer two tone (white jersey with black and white collar, purple jersey with purple and black collar, black jersey with purple and black collar); the collars match the jersey color and they don't have the flywire collar.

I'm pretty upset.  The Ravens win a super bowl, and Nike never had white elites available until a year after they change the style.  I'll never own an authentic style like the ones the Ravens wore in the super bowl.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Sat Jun 22 2013, 18:15

Man that's a real shame, I didn't know the Ravens were dropping the flywire. Perhaps they didn't see any benefit from it.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
j-bigs
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Sun Jun 23 2013, 06:45

I have to admit, I was pretty bummed when I saw that they dropped the two-tone collar as well. It's like a pattern! A pattern of sorrow for us jersey collectors haha. As soon as the Ravens win the Super Bowl, they 1) sign a player who's named Elvis, and 2) change something small about their uniform. The last time they won it, their equipment contract went from Nike to Reebok for the following season.
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Thu Jun 27 2013, 22:42

as a collector I get excited to see how cheap I can get the outgoing style Smile
Back to top Go down
j-bigs
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Thu Jun 27 2013, 22:52

Frankavelli wrote:
as a collector I get excited to see how cheap I can get the outgoing style Smile

While you do have a point there, the problem is that the Ravens wore their away uniforms in the Super Bowl, and Nike made a very precious few of the away jerseys for retail. So, while in theory we should be able to pick up away jerseys from the 2012-13 season as they're marked down to account for the uniform switch, we won't be able to do so, because they barely made any to begin with! Razz
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Fri Jun 28 2013, 03:51

ahh ok i see the dilemma... not to mention after checking nflshop it doesnt look like they discounted the 2012 jerseys so thats another bummer... so for anyone who wants to patch up an elite, it will be hard to duplicate the super bowl look accurately.
Back to top Go down
Pete1960
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Fri Jun 28 2013, 20:59

It seems that most teams have changes to the collar this season.the broncos look like they have went from a two tone collar to one solid colour.
I don't think this is fair on fans at all,the jerseys have barely been out a year and nike are making changes already.
Back to top Go down
sluggermatt15
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Sat Jun 29 2013, 02:25

cry_minarets458 wrote:
I'm really disappointed with Nike.  I ordered a custom White Ravens elite to find a solid white collar all the way around WITHOUT flywire collar.  I sent back and they refunded because it didn't match what was pictured (what the Ravens wore last season).  Now, the nflshop pics are updated with what jersey I received, as well as the other jerseys.

The Ravens collars are no longer two tone (white jersey with black and white collar, purple jersey with purple and black collar, black jersey with purple and black collar); the collars match the jersey color and they don't have the flywire collar.

I'm pretty upset.  The Ravens win a super bowl, and Nike never had white elites available until a year after they change the style.  I'll never own an authentic style like the ones the Ravens wore in the super bowl.

Sorry to hear about this. Glad you were able to get your $ back. It's a real shame Nike didn't sell EXACTLY what the players wore on the field at the time...
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Thu Aug 01 2013, 21:58

j-bigs wrote:
Frankavelli wrote:

While you do have a point there, the problem is that the Ravens wore their away uniforms in the Super Bowl, and Nike made a very precious few of the away jerseys for retail. So, while in theory we should be able to pick up away jerseys from the 2012-13 season as they're marked down to account for the uniform switch, we won't be able to do so, because they barely made any to begin with! Razz

When did they make white Nike elites during the 2012-2013 season? I've seen not one for sale. Sad
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Fri Aug 02 2013, 00:18

Chargers have done the same thing - got rid of the white in the two-tone collar, and also removed the white from the triple layer on the name only, so it's just powder blue on gold. It does seem strange that quite a few teams seem to be making minor tweaks only one season in to the Nike contract.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Fri Aug 02 2013, 09:41

I have to say that the collars on the fly wire jerseys took a long time to get used to. They aren't what we were all used to, so it sort of makes sense that some teams are going back to a traditional collar.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
sluggermatt15
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   Fri Aug 02 2013, 13:25

I can contribute that the Redskins have made this minor change for their Nike's this fall. The burgundy collar on the white jerseys has been changed to white.

Not sure why Nike and/or the teams decided to do a two-tone collar. Kind of looks a little odd to me. I prefer the solid, one color look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)   

Back to top Go down

New Ravens Uniforms (2013-2014)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1