NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mfarre03
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Wed Feb 05 2014, 07:31

Ok, so the wife wanted to get me a jersey for Christmas and decided to go with a guy that her brother knows...you all know where this is going. The jersey she picked up looked nice, ended up being fake and for being a size 56 fit more like a Large. So...I have been searching for an Authentic Reebok jersey on Ebay. This is what I ended up buying. I was pretty excited especially since it will fit, lol but started having buyers remorse. What would be your expert opinions?

ww.ebay.com/itm/BUFFALO-BILLS-SAM-ADAMS-NFL-GAME-USED-WORN-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-HOME-BLUE-REEBOK-HUGE-/171220133671

Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Thu Feb 06 2014, 01:35

That is a BIG jersey. Not sure if it's game worn, but def. a legit jersey. You should have it tailored, take about 8 inched off the bottom Smile

Hey, what part of Lockport? My dad lives there, off Ernest Road - Northview Drive Smile
Back to top Go down
mfarre03
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Thu Feb 06 2014, 05:38

The only thing I was worried about was if it was legit or not. I will have to see how big it is, length wise, I am 6'8" 400lbs...lol.

I live over on Upper Mountain near Campbell, small world.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Thu Feb 06 2014, 22:24

Sweet jersey, I wouldn't have buyers remorse. Definitely team issued, can't say it's game worn.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Fri Feb 07 2014, 02:18

As Billsfan said, it's definitely a legit team issued jersey, so you can't go wrong in that regard.

I don't think it's something you'll be wearing though. Even if you were to tailor the bottom, bear in mind that the guys on the field wear it tight so there's less jersey for the opposition to grab - those jerseys aren't cut to be worn by you or I. They're also built for pads, so you'll find the shoulders are big, the sleeves are tight, and the body is tight.

My advice - stick the Adams jersey on the wall (or hang it for safe keeping) and find yourself another legit retail jersey to wear. I have a lot of game issued / worn jerseys. They're all hung in my closet, but I get enjoyment from flicking through them every now and again. Careful though - it gets addictive.

If you're after a Bills jersey in a 56, here's a Spiller for $50 + shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251419826476

I know the seller is on another collecting forum, and his jerseys are legit. It's the authentic range that retailed for $250. The price is fine as Reebok offloaded a ton of these when Spiller changed his jersey number from #21 to #28.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
mfarre03
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Fri Feb 07 2014, 15:30

Yeah, so the body is tight and there is no way I can wear this...not what I was hoping for. Now I am still on the hunt for a Jersey that fits and this will go up for sale. ugghhh
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Fri Feb 07 2014, 15:37

mfarre03 wrote:
Yeah, so the body is tight and there is no way I can wear this...not what I was hoping for. Now I am still on the hunt for a Jersey that fits and this will go up for sale. ugghhh

Hate to say "I told you so"  Wink 

Did you check the link for the Spiller in my previous post?
Back to top Go down
mfarre03
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Fri Feb 07 2014, 16:13

RJ3000 wrote:
mfarre03 wrote:

Hate to say "I told you so"  Wink 

Did you check the link for the Spiller in my previous post?

Yeah, definitely a good price but not one that I would want, maybe Jackson or Dareus. Do you think I will be able to get my money out of the Adams jersey?
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Fri Feb 07 2014, 16:27

mfarre03 wrote:
Yeah, definitely a good price but not one that I would want, maybe Jackson or Dareus. Do you think I will be able to get my money out of the Adams jersey?

Hard to say. You may get lucky, but my guess would be you would sit for it for a while. Sadly, in my experience, the Bills are not a hugely sought after team in terms of game issued jerseys, unless you have any of the HOF caliber players or current style of jersey. The navy uni was not widely popular, and linesman cut aren't either.

Your quickest out would be to see if the seller accepts returns and go down that route.
Back to top Go down
mfarre03
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Sat Feb 08 2014, 01:51

Maybe it will fit next year lol. Wife is gonna kill me.
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Sat Feb 08 2014, 05:37

Hang it in the closest and chalk it up to experience.
Back to top Go down
mfarre03
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Sat Feb 08 2014, 12:01

It is a damn sweet Jersey. The guy that sold it works security for theBills. He said they put them up for sale at the time. He has an Adams away Jersey that has a ton of wear. There is another sale in April, when they are going to sell the rest of the reebok jerseys and he told me to call if I want to go. Score. He has about 150 in his collection, crazy.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   Sat Feb 08 2014, 23:57

mfarre03 wrote:
It is a damn sweet Jersey.  The guy that sold it works security for theBills.   He said they put them up for sale at the time.  He has an Adams away Jersey that has a ton of wear.  There is another sale in April, when they are going to sell the rest of the reebok jerseys and he told me to call if I want to go.  Score.  He has about 150 in his collection, crazy.

Keep in with this guy then buddy. He could be a goldmine.

NJFP Merchandise available at http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ukbillsfan
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey   

Back to top Go down

Sam Adams 2003 Game Worn Jersey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1