NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***AVOID BUYING FROM EBAY SELLER JOOLI15***

Share | 

Howdy Y'all...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
3KEVINMACK4

PostSubject: Howdy Y'all...   Sat Feb 22 2014, 19:10

New to this forum, I am a lifelong Brownies fan from Toronto, Canada here hoping that maybe one or more of you could help me out with a jersey question. While out at a garage sale last weekend I picked up this Washington Redskins jersey & what caught my eye most were the tags/patches on it. They being the Wilson 'w' on one sleeve, the NFL collar crest & the Authentic Pro-line/Wilson patch on the hem. Now being more of a soccer jersey collector myself, I was just wondering might any of you know if these patches might be the real deal. If so, what might I have here? Hope I was not to long winded & hope that I did not break any rules asking this. Thanks, though. Cheers!!!

Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   Sat Feb 22 2014, 21:24

Welcome. The jersey is definitely legit. It is a retail authentic. The tag above the Wilson one was standard for the company that customized the NFL jerseys at the time. The numbers and name should all be made of a heavy vinyl material, rather than being sewn on.
Back to top Go down
3KEVINMACK4

PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   Sat Feb 22 2014, 23:26

RJ3000 wrote:
Welcome. The jersey is definitely legit. It is a retail authentic. The tag above the Wilson one was standard for the company that customized the NFL jerseys at the time. The numbers and name should all be made of a heavy vinyl material, rather than being sewn on.

Wow, thanks for the welcome & knowledge, my friend. Yes, this one does indeed have the vinyl numbers & nameplate (J. Jacoby). However, neither are in mint condition. Rather being in good to very good shape. Hoping that it might be worth more than the under $10.00 I paid for it, but just curious what you might think. By the way, any idea how much that they would have cost brand new? Thanks, in advance. Have a great night. Cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   Sat Feb 22 2014, 23:48

The equivalent jerseys at the moment retail for $250 at the moment. Your jersey is from the early 90s, at which point I think they retailed for around $130 to $150.

Condition is everything, so depending on how bad condition the vinyl is, you may only be looking at around $50, max. You definitely did okay getting it under $10, but you won't be sitting on a goldmine anyway.
Back to top Go down
3KEVINMACK4

PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   Sun Feb 23 2014, 00:10

RJ3000 wrote:
The equivalent jerseys at the moment retail for $250 at the moment. Your jersey is from the early 90s, at which point I think they retailed for around $130 to $150.

Condition is everything, so depending on how bad condition the vinyl is, you may only be looking at around $50, max. You definitely did okay getting it under $10, but you won't be sitting on a goldmine anyway.

Oh, damn. So you mean I will have to cancel my trip to Italy to see my beloved AC Milan?  Wink Seriously though, if I made $1.00 over what I paid for it then I would be happy. Just because it would be going to someone who really wanted it. Cheers, my friend. GO CANADA GO!!! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   

Back to top Go down

Howdy Y'all...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1